Friday, January 4, 2008

A place in my heart

I am completely and utterly confused. How does a country and city, where i stayed for 12 days change where i want to be. Change what i thought where i wanted to be since i was small. I cant believe it, but is it possible to be in love with shanghai.

I woke up this morning, looked out my window and i just looked. Looked at the cars driving down the street, watched the wind in the dead trees, smelled the kerosine from my heater. It was quiet. I wasnt in china anymore. And for the first time ever i didnt want to be in Japan. Communist country doesnt seem that bad.

I wanted to pull back windows and see buildings towering over me, hear cars honking, smell delicous street food, listen to chinese music videos on tv, hear chinese, watch the cars do their crazy dance, i wouldnt mind hearing a hauking or two. I miss shanghai. I miss wanting to explore the city. I miss sippin wine while listenin to jazz and loungin on a sofa. I miss the people, the craziness, the disorder, the smells, cute babies, donkey and pigeon.

I can truly say that this trip was one of the best i have ever taken and has changed my course somewhat. I hope my family wont mind me living somewhere else.

Im already plannin my next trip. Even bought a chinese grammar book today. Im so excited. New plans and just this overwhelming feeling from it.

I love it.

No comments: