Thursday, December 6, 2007

a dog laying on a bed of leaves

I got out of the taxi this morning. Takin a deep breath of the cold and clean mountain air. A little bit happy that i have arrived at the little elementary school hidden deep in the forest, nagai elementary. Maybe cause i didnt have to endure the very chatty taxi driver. He said i dont look like a school teacher, that he can see me in a music video. OOOOh great.

I go inside and quickly walk into the teachers room where it is very warm. But instead of the teachers sitting down, trying to look busy, they were all staring out the window in the direction of a large pile of leaves fallen from a tree above. They must be really into the change of the leaves i thought.

It wasnt until I overheard the nurse talking about a dog. Oh i love dogs! I walked over to the window and looked in the direction of the massive pile of leaves. And thats all i saw, leaves. Why did she say dog? But my question was quickly answered when i saw a dog get up from the pile of leaves and shake its body. I was stunned. I stared at that pile of leaves for a goood minute or two and not once did i notice a dog.

Taro chan is her name.

And she's got me wrapped around her finger.

And this is the 4th time at this school.

I can see how a dog can be a great companion to people. Because as I was sitting on the porch like entrance infront of the school, i was watching the autumn leaves and petting Tarochan. It felt so peaceful. No one was making a sound. I could hear the wind in the trees and watch the leaves make circles on the ground. And taro chan, just sat next to me the whole time with her head beside my thigh. I would honestly love doing that for the rest of my life.

Wow it was great.

Things like that, which are very simple when you explain, but the overwhelming feeling just builds inside, just can't compare. I forgot about the cold and i just felt the sun on my face. I dont have to go to a big city, don't have to shop, dont have to drive somewhere far, im very basic with things that make me happy and joyful.

Being with my friends, my family, watchin a scenery and eating kimchi, lime and hot chips. Im a happy person. Oh don't forget my ipod, might as well add my laptop cause i need it to add more music to my ipod. hahah just kiddin.

Im gonna leave that on a good note.
goodnight, love and kisses.

No comments: